AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Truly in a Hue of Blue

Vanishing Austin / True Blues , at right, is an homage to the art of tatoo in blue, and one of five prints included in the upcoming group exhibit Singing the Blues: Art in One Hue. A unique show featuring the work of seven Austin artists, sculptors, painters and photographers (including my own) all working in a hue of blue, the opening party is Thursday, October 23 from 6-9pm with live blues to put the mood in the show's theme. Drop in to the new Gallery at AMPLIFY, 2608 Brockton Drive (one block North of Burnet and Braker) for the party and enjoy the show, some wine, some food, tatoo'd or not. Wearing blue: optional.

Singing the Blues: Art in One Hue is on exhibit in the Gallery at AMPLIFY from October 20-January 17, 2009

Vanishing Austin / True Blues
, © 2006 by Jann Alexander, AustinDetails.com




Digg!

2 comments:

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Hi Jann,
I need to get by and see the show. Saw Diane Graden at the new Artspoken opening and she told me all about it. So now.... I am "tagging" you - see details on my blog! Happy holidays.

Jann Alexander at AustinDetailsArt.com said...

thanks for the tag and the comments, Debbi! as soon as I can think of seven things and seven bloggers, I'll be back at ya!